1. Begin by comfortably lying down on your back and tilting your head back with your nostrils opening towards the sky. If you are lying on a bed, you may hang your head off the edge of the bed or place a small pillow beneath your neck for support.
2. Place 3-5 drops of nasya oil in each nostril. With skill, you can administer the oil drop by drop, circling the inside perimeter of the nostril, thoroughly coating the nasal membranes.
If lying down is not convenient, you can also apply nasya this way:
1. Place a drop of nasya oil on the little finger and gently insert it into the nostril.
2. Gently massage the inner walls of the nasal passage.
3. Alternate left and right nostrils until each nostril has received a total of three applications of oil.
4. The lubrication and gentle massage helps to alleviate stress and release any tension in the tissues.
Do not use if you are pregnant or have a cold, flu or sinus infection.
Ingredients: Sesame oil*, Olive oil*, Brahmi*, Calamus*, Skullcap*, Eucalyptus essential oil*
Free of gluten, soy, and dairy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
According to Ayurveda Nasya is considered one of the most important holistic self-care practices that encourages internal detoxification. Many practioners consider Nasya an essential part of an Ayurvedic Daily Routine. Nasya helps to lubricate the nasal passages and clean out excess mucus from the sinuses. Warning: Do not use if you are pregnant or have a cold, flu or sinus infection.
The nose is considered the direct route to the brain and also the doorway to consciousness. Therefore the administration of Nasya improves intelligence and memory. It is the entrance for prana, the vital life force, which comes into the body through the breath. Healthy uncongested breathing is important to ensure proper flow of prana throughout the head and body. When an excess of bodily fluids accumulates in the sinus, throat, nose, or head areas, it is best eliminated through the nose.
Nasya Oil soothes and protects the nasal passage while nourishing the tissues. Daily nasal lubrication helps to release tension in the head and relieve accumulated stress. Balancing for vata, pitta and kapha, Nasya Oil is also traditionally said to improve quality of voice, strengthen vision, and promote mental clarity.
Banyan Botanicals is committed to producing the highest quality Ayurvedic products using USDA certified organic herbs that are sustainably sourced and fairly traded. All our products are 3rd party tested to ensure product quality and safety.
The Healthy Guarantee: If for any reason you are not satisfied with one of our products, we will gladly accept returns for a full product refund.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Banyan Botanicals Nasya Oil - USDA Certified Organic - Nasal Drops for Clear Breathing and Lubrication Of The Nose and Sinus Passages$10.95
Banyan Botanicals Daily Swish, Mint, USDA Organic, 8 oz, Ayurvedic Oil Pulling Oil For Oral Health and Detoxification$14.95
Banyan Botanicals Triphala - USDA Organic, 90 Tablets - Balancing Formula for Detoxification & Rejuvenation*$15.99
Banyan Botanicals Ayurvedic Tongue Cleaner Scraper - Stainless Steel - Tridoshic - Made in the USA - Reduces toxin buildup and bacteria on the tongue$7.95